Graduate Financial/Business Analyst
Role: Graduate Financial/Business Analyst
Lawson Conner UK is one of the leading alternative investment manager platforms and compliance service providers for the asset management and financial advisory industries in the UK and overseas.
Our clients are of institutional nature and range from specialised hedge fund managers to large assetmanagement firms with well-established track records who utilise a board array of investment strategies.
The application and role summary
Based in the London office, the Financial/Business Analyst will join the Finance team to learn key activities in the finance department, from data analytics, management reporting, finance data processing to daily accounting activities for a variety of group entities.
This role will suit a graduate who is looking to gain a broad experience in all financial aspects of a fast growing professional services firm.
- Support the wider finance team with a range of day to day activities such as cash reconciliations, payment processing, monthly reporting and financial analysis
- Support of day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reporting packs
- Assist in creation of statutory annual accounts for various group entities
- Assist in work with Auditors producing audited accounts for various group entities
- Assist in producing internal company KPIs
- Recent graduate with some work experience in an financial analysis, accounting or relevant discipline
- Desire to work in a fast-moving professional services environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight timescales whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and MS Excel
- Committed to a long term career in finance and/or accounting within an expanding business
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, Accounting or Finance
- Very strong MS Excel skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organisation with a highly motivated and client focused team that has been recently awarded B2B Business of the Year at the Amazon Growing Business Awards 2017.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, benefits package and a bonus.
Download: PDF version
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org