Regulatory Due Diligence Services
The importance of due diligence
Due diligence is an investigation of a business or person prior to signing a contract, or an act with a certain standard of care. As such, it is a crucial part of the acquisition process, and it should always be conducted before any assets are acquired. Failure to thoroughly check and review assets, employees or investors, can result in the acquisition of assets that are not fit for purpose, or in the worst-case scenario, sanctions for failure to carry out client due diligence or comply with AML requirements.
Carrying out due diligence, while a critical function, can be time-consuming and costly to conduct. We have a streamlined process, that ensures that the target of the investigation meets all the necessary regulatory requirements, while taking the burden of checks away from you.
We can provide varying levels of due diligence. The level of due diligence that we provide will always be based on what is necessary to establish full regulatory compliance and ensure that your acquisition or involvement is risk-free.
At Lawson Conner our due diligence services include:
- Verifying information on corporate entities or individuals
- Detailed individual checks on qualifications, references or regulatory acceptability, for employment or appointments
- In-depth analysis on banks, building societies, financial institutions or money markets where you may want to place your own or clients’ funds.
- Analysis of clients’ debtors and their ability to fulfill contractual obligations
- In-depth analysis of regulated firms’ compliance and regulatory risk
At Lawson Conner, we are experts in compliance, managing regulatory risk for high-profile clients all over the world. Performing thorough, confidential checks on corporate entities, financial institutions or individuals is a natural extension of what we do best. With all our services, we will provide comprehensive reports or analysis to the governing body of the firm that makes the request.
To find out how our due diligence services can give you the peace of mind to know you have all angles covered before you make a crucial acquisition, investment or appointment, contact us today.