We offer a number of business support services which allow your firm to focus on what it does best.
Company Secretarial Services
With our company secretarial services, our clients can get the right level of flexible business support, minimise compliance risk, reduce the regulatory burden and save time and money.
Mandatory administration, such as electronic filing of statutory forms or monitoring Companies House submissions eats into valuable time that could be used to focus on your core business. Our company secretarial services can substantially reduce the processing hours that need to be spent on routine, but crucial, compliance tasks, including:
- Electronic filing of statutory forms at Companies House
- Acting as Company Secretary, and maintaining hard copy statutory books and records
- Combating identity fraud by monitoring mandatory filings
- Providing access to records for auditors
- Preparing board resolutions for the approval of annual accounts and the appointment of auditors
- Reminders of filing deadlines for annual returns and accounts
- Company structure diagrams, reporting schedule, corporate timetable, board minutes
Due Diligence and Lawson Conner’s review service
Due diligence is a crucial part of the acquisition process, and it should always be conducted before any assets are acquired. Failure to thoroughly check and review assets, employees or investors, can result in the acquisition of assets that are not fit for purpose, or in the worst-case scenario, sanctions for failure to carry out client due diligence or comply with AML.
Carrying out due diligence, while a critical function, can be time-consuming and costly to conduct. At Lawson Conner, we have a streamlined process, that ensures that the target of the investigation meets all the necessary regulatory requirements, while taking the burden of checks away from you.
We can provide varying levels of due diligence, from a short health check or risk assessment to a full analysis or in-depth check on individuals. The level of due diligence that we provide will always be based on what is necessary to establish full regulatory compliance and ensure that your acquisition or involvement is risk-free.
Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Launches
Lawson Conner’s specialist team, highly experienced in all UKLA, FCA and AIFMD requirements, are an award-winning provider of hosted fund solutions for REITs. Responsible for REIT PLCs with over £3 billion NAV, during 2017 Lawson Conner helped launch 4 main market publicly listed REITs, all in accordance with UKLA requirements. Lawson Conner has a dedicated real estate practice which covers public funds and alternative investment funds.
How does it work? Our AIFM entity becomes the structural manager of your REIT and assumes regulatory responsibility. We manage the entire launch for you and significantly speed up the process. You can have a fully AIFMD compliant solution in 3-4 weeks and launch the REIT typically within a two month window.
Tax, VAT, Payroll and Accounting
Our accounting and tax experts offer a fast, efficient and cost effective business support service for all such obligations.
Our services are integrated with an award-winning online accounting and finance software which enables our clients to access all financial data online at any time.
LC Cyber Security Guardian
LC Guardian is a comprehensive framework of effective and cost efficient cyber security solutions which are specifically designed for small and medium sized financial services firms and include the following solutions:
- The LC Security Advisor: A dedicated framework to formulate an effective financial services IT security strategy
- The Security ‘health check’: An assessment of current infrastructure and potential threats from cyber security attacks, identification of system gaps and recommendations to reduce cyber risk
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Planning and testing of business continuity process
- Security Products: Advice on information, application and network security solutions and vendor due diligence
- Security Research: Stay up to date with our industry-leading research on trends, new solutions and biggest threat reports
HR and Talent Management Services
- Employee onboarding (including use of Lawson Conner onboarding software)
- Various background checks and documentation
- Administration of reference requests
- Reporting on adverse findings
- Other HR business support
HR advice: “Your HR expert”:
- Provision of key HR templates
- Ad-hoc advice on HR matters from LC HR experts
Wealth Management Services
Independent wealth managers face a number of challenges and in order to operate effectively, an efficient set-up is required; specialist resources, expensive structure, a dedicated compliance infrastructure and a number of legal agreements amongst many other administrative and managerial functions are needed.
We provide a number of solutions that cater for the full spectrum of the Wealth Management industry, from retail focused Discretionary Fund Managers to Multi-Family Office advisors.
Managed Accounts (CTAs and CPOs)
As Commodity Trading Advisors (CTAs) and Commodity Pool Operators (CPOs) resemble financial advisors, the relevant registrations with the appropriate regulators are required.
This dual registration process may require six to eight months to complete and often absorbs critical management time and resources.
We provide regulatory hosting for CTAs and CPOs who wish to trade on US exchanges and other global markets.