Webinars by Lawson Conner
‘Transactional KYC compliance for Private Equity managers’
How to drive operational efficiencies
Thursday, 22 November 2018 at 1pm (GMT)
Learn how a technology backed approach to anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) compliance can help your firm, and gain an insight into best practices for Private Equity managers. Lawson Conner invite you and your colleagues to join us for our upcoming webinar.
Private Equity managers are trying to find ways to improve operational efficiencies, but without sacrificing regulatory compliance. In this 40-minute webinar, Joe Woodbury, Director, Investment Management Solutions of Lawson Conner will be joined by guest speaker Andrew Shrimpton – Chairman of Augentius Compliance to discuss how Private Equity managers are having to adapt their approach to AML and KYC, covering:
- Risks of non-compliance – latest industry challenges
- Transactional KYC – mission critical processes
- In-house vs Outsourcing solutions – driving efficiencies
- Examples – Unlisted companies – Listed companies – Regulated firms
- Record keeping and verification
- Summary and Q&A
Follow this link to register for the Webinar on the 22 November 2018 at 1.00 pm (GMT). – Even If you cannot attend on the date/time we encourage you to register anyway – and we’ll send you a link to the recording after the event so you can watch at your convenience.
If you are interested in our next webinar on any one of the topics below, please contact us and let us know.
‘Solution to your PRIIPs KIDs problem’
For asset managers, bankers and insurers
Those producing or selling packaged retail investment and insurance-based investment products (PRIIPs) have to provide Key Information Documents (KIDs). That is a complex task that can put a lot of strain on the business, especially compliance and legal teams. There are ways to minimise risk and cost of KIDs production without jeopardising business focus and reputation.
In this 30-minute webinar, Andrew Frost, Executive Director of Lawson Conner, Tom Miller, Director – Investment Management Solutions, and Karen Foster, Head of PRIIPs/ KIDs Practice, discuss how Lawson Conner help their clients solve their PRIIPs KIDs headaches, covering:
- Background and latest regulations
- What are the liabilities concerning KIDs?
- What must be included in a KID?
- When does a PRIIPs KID have to be delivered?
- How often should a PRIIPs KID be reviewed?
- Examples and case studies
- How can Lawson Conner help?
Date held: 14 November 2018. – This event has finished. – If you have any questions or are interested in our next webinar on this topic, please contact us and let us know.
‘All Change for Cayman Funds AML’ – How to easily implement the new anti-money laundering requirements
Are you aware of the updated Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) requirements? The ongoing anti-money laundering compliance environment in the Cayman Islands continues to be a key issue for the financial services industry, particularly with the introduction of a raft of new legislation recently.
Watch our recent webinar recording to learn how to comply with our expert panel of speakers
- What are the latest AML regulation changes?
- Who will be affected?
- How might they impact my Cayman entity?
- When the changes take effect?
- What happens if we don’t comply?
- What do the CO, MLRO and DMLRO actually do?
- Who can be the MLRO/CO and DMLRO?
- Can I be the CO/MLRO?
- Why can’t I rely on my administrator, don’t they do that already?
- Who would you recommend?
- What should we obtain annually to confirm we are meeting the AML regulations?
- What are the typical fees for these roles?
- Why Lawson/SGG? Why are they the preferred service provider for AML compliance?
- Other Q&A
Presenters & Panelists
Hosted by Joe Woodbury, Director of Investment Management Solutions at Lawson Conner and Lynden John, Managing Director at SGG Group Cayman Islands. The hosts were joined by Gerhard Grueter, Managing Director of Lawson Conner and Dorian Cameron, Head of AML/KYC and Financial Crime Prevention.
Date held on: 24 July 2018. – This event has finished. – If you have any questions or are interested in our next webinar on this topic, please contact us and let us know.
Anti-Money Laundering Webinar
In our recent webinar on Anti-Money Laundering we discussed the latest best practice and how you can outsource part (or all) of your AML function in order to reduce processing time, minimise risk and cut costs by 50-70%.
- How to examine your AML compliance challenges and where to start when you want to improve your present process
- Best practices for establishing an effective and efficient AML compliance function
- How to reap the benefits of outsourcing, new technology, innovation and software in AML compliance
Hosted by Joe Woodbury, Director, Investment Management Solutions and Dorian Cameron, Head of AML/KYC & Financial Crime at Lawson Conner, when they presented ideas to support your AML strategy, in line with best current practice.
Date held on: 30 May 2018. – This event has finished. If you are interested in our next webinar on this topic, please contact us and let us know.
How to Launch a Hedge Fund
Do you know the best options available and steps you need to take in order to launch a Hedge Fund or do you need some guidance? How do you know where to start? What are the challenges and best practice to address them?
- How to raise capital
- Understanding fund structures and setup costs
- How to asses options and where to start when you want to launch a Hedge Fund
- Best practices and strategies for launching a Hedge Fund efficiently and remain compliant
- How to optimise your strategy so to reduce time to market and minimise cost
Hosted by Andrew Frost and Joe Woodbury – Directors at Lawson Conner.
Date held on: 31 May 2018. – This event has finished. If you are interested in our next webinar on this topic, please contact us and let us know.
Other webinars and courses
These courses can be scheduled at our offices or held via online webinars. Topics covered are, for example:
- Cayman AML | ‘All Change for Cayman Funds AML’ – How to easily implement the new anti-money laundering requirements
- MiFID II/MiFIR Workshop, Senior Management Regime – what does it mean to you and your organisation?
- AIFMD – from small scope to large scope. What does it mean for my organisation?
- Cyber Security – How to reduce cyber risks by 90% through effective organisational design and control?
- Operational Due Diligence: How to build an institutional product which meets investor due diligence
- Capital Raising: How to double your AUM? Strategies for alternative investment managers in the US$20mio –
- Webinar: MIFID II – What we learnt after we flipped the switch on 3 Jan 2018.
- Webinar: Fund Structures for Hedge Funds – timing, pricing, options.
- Webinar: US Regulatory Outlook: presented by our US partner.
- Webinar: Marketing in the US and Europe: notifications, disclaimers, investor categorisation, reverse
- Seminar: Is your risk framework meeting regulatory requirements (under AIFMD)
For further information please get in touch with our event manager, Katerina on:
We are happy to help!