Webinars by Lawson Conner
‘All Change for Cayman Funds AML’ – How to easily implement the new anti-money laundering requirements
Are you aware of the updated Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) requirements? The ongoing anti-money laundering compliance environment in the Cayman Islands continues to be a key issue for the financial services industry, particularly with the introduction of a raft of new legislation recently.
Watch our recent webinar recording to learn how to comply with our expert panel of speakers
- What are the latest AML regulation changes?
- Who will be affected?
- How might they impact my Cayman entity?
- When the changes take effect?
- What happens if we don’t comply?
- What do the CO, MLRO and DMLRO actually do?
- Who can be the MLRO/CO and DMLRO?
- Can I be the CO/MLRO?
- Why can’t I rely on my administrator, don’t they do that already?
- Who would you recommend?
- What should we obtain annually to confirm we are meeting the AML regulations?
- What are the typical fees for these roles?
- Why Lawson/SGG? Why are they the preferred service provider for AML compliance?
- Other Q&A
Presenters & Panelists
Hosted by Joe Woodbury, Director of Investment Management Solutions at Lawson Conner and Lynden John, Managing Director at SGG Group Cayman Islands. The hosts were joined by Gerhard Grueter, Managing Director of Lawson Conner and Dorian Cameron, Head of AML/KYC and Financial Crime Prevention.
Date held on: 24 July 2018. – This event has finished. – If you have any questions or are interested in our next webinar on this topic, please contact us and let us know.
Anti-Money Laundering Webinar
In our recent webinar on Anti-Money Laundering we discussed the latest best practice and how you can outsource part (or all) of your AML function in order to reduce processing time, minimise risk and cut costs by 50-70%.
- How to examine your AML compliance challenges and where to start when you want to improve your present process
- Best practices for establishing an effective and efficient AML compliance function
- How to reap the benefits of outsourcing, new technology, innovation and software in AML compliance
Hosted by Joe Woodbury, Director, Investment Management Solutions and Dorian Cameron, Head of AML/KYC & Financial Crime at Lawson Conner, when they presented ideas to support your AML strategy, in line with best current practice.
Date held on: 30 May 2018. – This event has finished. If you are interested in our next webinar on this topic, please contact us and let us know.
How to Launch a Hedge Fund
Do you know the best options available and steps you need to take in order to launch a Hedge Fund or do you need some guidance? How do you know where to start? What are the challenges and best practice to address them?
- How to raise capital
- Understanding fund structures and setup costs
- How to asses options and where to start when you want to launch a Hedge Fund
- Best practices and strategies for launching a Hedge Fund efficiently and remain compliant
- How to optimise your strategy so to reduce time to market and minimise cost
Hosted by Andrew Frost and Joe Woodbury – Directors at Lawson Conner.
Date held on: 31 May 2018. – This event has finished. If you are interested in our next webinar on this topic, please contact us and let us know.
Other webinars and courses
These courses can be scheduled at our offices or held via online webinars. Topics covered are, for example:
- Cayman AML | ‘All Change for Cayman Funds AML’ – How to easily implement the new anti-money laundering requirements
- MiFID II/MiFIR Workshop, Senior Management Regime – what does it mean to you and your organisation?
- AIFMD – from small scope to large scope. What does it mean for my organisation?
- Cyber Security – How to reduce cyber risks by 90% through effective organisational design and control?
- Operational Due Diligence: How to build an institutional product which meets investor due diligence
- Capital Raising: How to double your AUM? Strategies for alternative investment managers in the US$20mio –
- Webinar: MIFID II – What we learnt after we flipped the switch on 3 Jan 2018.
- Webinar: Fund Structures for Hedge Funds – timing, pricing, options.
- Webinar: US Regulatory Outlook: presented by our US partner.
- Webinar: Marketing in the US and Europe: notifications, disclaimers, investor categorisation, reverse
- Seminar: Is your risk framework meeting regulatory requirements (under AIFMD)
For further information please get in touch with our event manager, Katerina on:
We are happy to help!