Example 3 – Law firm global capital raising AML
Lawson Conner assisted one of the leading law firms in executing a multi-billion global capital raising program by providing global KYC/AML services
The client (a top tier law firm) needed a complete global AML solution and investor onboarding services all in one platform as part of their >$1bn capital raising.
Barriers to success
The client was working against a very tight deadline of only two weeks and needed an organisation which can complete the project on a global scale. This involved the processing of a vast amount of data, the review of complex investor structures and the application of a global AML program. In order to meet the deadline a software solution was required.
Lawson Conner provided a number of solutions to the client, which included Lawson Conner’s AML software MaxComply:
- Fully integrated AML solution with dedicated escalation structures
- Service provided on a managed compliance basis
- Ongoing monitoring services to comply with global KYC/AML regulations
- IT platform for data exchange over multiple offices and jurisdictions
- Full reporting and audit trail
- Scalability for further capital raisings
- Ongoing monitoring of AML provisions and data as part of compliance monitoring program
- Use of Lawson Conner’s AML software suite to reduce risks and increase efficiency
A great number of individual AML checks have been performed within a very tight deadline with great quality. As a result, the client was happy to confirm another mandate on a similar basis to Lawson Conner with the third mandate already announced in the near future.