Compliance Analyst - January 2016
Role summary:Based in the London office, the Compliance Analyst will be responsible for assisting with a variety of generalist compliance activities. The function includes financial promotion material review, client correspondence and AML/KYC checks in an effort to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to keep abreast of regulatory developments and operating policies. The role is a client facing team role with potential to grow into a Consultant and Senior Consultant role quickly.
General Responsibilities:1. Supports the Compliance Managers and Senior Compliance Consultants to ensure that the firm and its clients are in compliance with FCA regulatory and compliance rules.
2. Support and manage the on-boarding process (KYC/AML checks/credit checks, etc) of new FCA regulated corporate teams and individuals within the financial services industry
3. Support the compliance team on a variety of client facing compliance projects
4. Conducts research and prepares documentation in response to client inquiries
5. Organising and participating in client meetings for compliance projects
6. Participate in internal training programs as part of your continuing learning and development program
Qualifications and Experience:Education: Bachelors degree required (law or business preferred)
Experience and Generic Skills:1. Solid understanding of common industry practices
2. Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex information, analytics and situations into a clear and simple message
3. Strong information gathering, analytical and problem solving skills
4. Highly motivated and organized self-starter with a excellent editing and writing skills
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships