Sales and Business Development Manager - 27 April 2016
Company Overview:Lawson Conner is one of the leading investment manager platforms and compliance service providers for the asset management and financial advisory industries. As part of the Sapia Partners group, we provide ongoing support to over 200 clients and we run our own in-house Private Equity and Investment Management strategies.
Our clients are of institutional nature and range from specialised hedge fund managers to large asset management firms with well-established track records who utilise a board array of investment strategies such as: long only, long/short equities, global macro, credit, distressed, fixed income, private equity, venture capital, real estate-related and fund of fund strategies.
Role summary:Based in the London office, the B2B Sales and Business Development Manager will work to drive sales initiatives to deliver the growth targets of the firm. This person will help define medium and long-term sales and business development goals, build key sales relationships, represent the firm and its services, negotiate and close business deals whilst maintaining extensive knowledge of current industry trends.
General Responsibilities:1. Execute on B2B sales program and business plan targets as agreed with the Managing Directors of the business
2. Present product offering to senior executives in the investment funds, and other segments of the financial services industry
3. Build and retain strong business relationships to key intermediaries (Law firms, Accountants, Fund Administrators)
4. Pro-actively managing the sales cycle for the firm’s full suite of investment management and compliance services
5. Utilise in house technology (CRM and Sales systems) to take prospective clients from lead status to signed contract stage
6. Analyse market trends and industry developments and translate into new service and product opportunities for the firm
Qualifications and Experience:Education: Bachelors degree required (Business or Marketing major preferred)
Experience and Generic Skills:1. Have at least 2 years’ experience of working in a B2B sales/business development role with a good understanding of professional services/financial services firms
2. Desire to work in a faced paced, entrepreneurial environment
3. Proficient user of Microsoft Office and CRM tools
4. Demonstrated experience of working to tight deadlines and the ability to cope under pressure
5. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships
6. Demonstrated to be a self-starter with an ability to take ownership and deliver to sales targets